StreetWise Steps to Small Business Growth™ Curriculum
There’s theory, and then there’s practice.
Interise developed our award-winning StreetWise Steps to Small Business Growth™ curriculum to incorporate both. An established small business owner doesn’t need the same introductory information and training that someone launching a start-up might. We understand that you already have a lot of good experience in running a company. Our aim is to build on that.
Meeting at the intersection of street smarts and higher education, the StreetWise Steps™ curriculum enables you to work “on” your business instead of just “in” it. It has been developed and refined by working hand-in-hand with small business entrepreneurs and business experts, and it has become the foundation of all Interise’s programs and networks.
Focused, Constructive, Inspiring
The StreetWise Steps™ curriculum requires your commitment to learning how to manage and grow your business successfully. In return, it offers you the information, networks, and guidance you need.
- You can focus on your business. The curriculum is learner-centered. In other words, it’s based on the idea that you are most interested in how to build your own company--so we talk about what challenges you face and what is going to be most useful to you.
- You can look at the big picture. Stepping away from your desk might be the best thing you can do for your company. Making the time to engage with the coursework, your instructor, and other small business owners in the same situation gives you an effective way to pursue your larger goals.
- You can use what you learn. We talk about the challenges you face and what is going to be most useful to you, so you can apply what you’ve learned immediately.
- You can learn from your peers. The curriculum is taught in small groups consisting of entrepreneurs like you, and each business is under the spotlight at some point.
- You have a plan. The curriculum culminates in a Strategic Growth Action Plan™ that you have developed for your own business. The three-year plan outlines your business goals and the specific action steps necessary to achieve them.
- You are ready to tap into new networks. The curriculum is the gateway to Interise’s StreetWise Steps™ Network. You can get ongoing access to mentors and professional advisors, growth capital and contracts, public policy groups, and other small business advocates.
Our focus is on relevant, real-world, applied learning. At every point in the program, you will be able to take what you are learning and use it immediately. As you begin making changes to your business, you will also be developing a strategic plan to support your company’s long-term growth.
The StreetWise Steps™ curriculum is designed to run for about nine months. During that time, you can expect to learn about:
- business development strategies
- strategic planning
- finance and financial management
- marketing and sales
- human resources
- accessing capital
- government contracts
Discussion and coaching are an important element in Interise’s approach to learning, and are customized to each group of participants. We find that when entrepreneurs are able to step back and see the big picture, then step forward and take specific actions, they are on the way to nourishing their company’s growth and success.
"StreetWise Steps™ is incredibly valuable. I was able to utilize the curriculum to begin strategizing and implementing goals from each module. The program gave me step-by-step strategic planning assistance, constructive feedback, and a dynamic support system. After completing the curriculum I have changed my approach to managing employees and my company has already experienced tremendous growth!"
Gina-Marie Bernal, Royal Engineers and Consultants, LLC
Hear from the Owners
News & Community
Interise Good Citizens Program Sponsor