Interise recently completed our next business plan which calls for doubling our revenue and our activity over the next three years. We are hiring the following positions to join our team and work with us to achieve this goal. Interise offers a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience and skills. Interise is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and thrive on diversity!
Join Our Team! We are hiring the following positions:
StreetWise Steps™ InstructorPosition Summary
Interise is currently hiring part-time independent contractors to teach its StreetWise Steps curriculum to up to 20 participants. We are a national organization seeking qualified and talented persons to help us deliver our mission.
The program includes one orientation session, and 13 instructor lead classes scheduled between April and November 2015.
• Prepare and lead 13 classes using the StreetWise StepsTM curriculum, following the instructor’s manual and program standards;
• Establish and monitor learning in the self-directed CEO forums (approximately three or four groups with five participants each. Instructor does not attend);
• Reinforce the importance of the participants’ pre-session work in the delivery of the curriculum.
• Conduct at least one 30-minute consultation with each participants before Session 4, either on site or in-person;
• Work with the local program sponsor and his/her staff to identify and prepare local Guest Experts as designated in the curriculum. Provide a written and verbal briefing for all Guest Experts per the curriculum requirements;
• Provide feedback and coaching to participants on their Live Case presentations (total of 8 live cases throughout the curriculum);
• Provide written or verbal feedback on the Strategic Growth Action Plans (Growth Plan) that are produced at the end of each module, from Modules I – IV;
• Ensure that participants are prepared for the Growth Plan Presentations at the end of the curriculum.Instructor Training and Support
• Participate in the Instructor training which will review the StreetWise StepsTM curriculum, program standards, and teaching techniques. The expense-paid residential training session is TBD – March 23-25, 2015 in TBD;
• Participate in the assigned Instructor Support Group by attending curriculum preparation conference calls (one for each module) and 1:1 virtual coaching sessions with the Instructor Support Group’s Coach. Evaluation
• Ensure that the session and program evaluation process is followed;
• Participate in the on-going capture and distribution of best practices and the end-of-program instructor evaluation and debrief;
• Support the collection of participants’ annual assessments. Participant Recruitment and Retention
• Provide local program sponsor and his/her staff recruitment guidance as needed.
Expertise and Qualifications
• BA or BS required, Master’s preferred
• Personal experience as an entrepreneur, having successfully started and grown a business, with current knowledge of financial, marketing and/or business strategy;
• Prior experience in teaching/coaching adult learners, preferably in the field of business;
• Demonstrated understanding of adult learning methods; including interactive teaching techniques, case-based learning, encouraging self-directed learning and reflection, and incorporation of participants’ past experiences and expertise;
• Ability to create an environment of learning and personal accountability; including facilitating the development of a trustful and honest learning relationship amongst the participants, ensuring that learning objectives are met, and communicating the importance of course assignments to the development of participants’ businesses;
• A toolbox of teaching skills that include skilled facilitation and presentation, excellent organization and time-management skills, ability to assess learning needs and respond appropriately—taking an individualized teaching approach as needed, good observation skills, appropriate analytical skills, fostering of reflection, giving and receiving feedback effectively;
• Personal Characteristics that include engendering confidence and trust; teaching competency with different personalities, cultures and learning styles; flexibility; adaptability; and ability to demonstrate that learning is an essential part of leadership.
Contract Fee: 10,000